The predecessor of the Faculty of business management UE in Bratislava was founded in 1953 AT the former University of Economics in Bratislava as a production-economic faculty. In the years 1959-1969 the Faculty had the name the Faculty of branch economies and in 1969 it was renamed to the Faculty of Economics and management of the manufacturing industries (FERVO). Since 1992, the name of the faculty is the Faculty of University of Economics in Bratislava.
The original orientation of the Faculty for management of industry and agriculture has gradually been expanded and currently, the teaching and scientific-research activity focuses on the management of all types, sizes of businesses and their affiliation to the industries.
At the head of the Faculty is the Dean, who is represented by vice-deans in various functional areas. The control of the executive functions of the the Faculty management is carried out by the 15-member Senate of the faculty.
The Faculty provides all types of higher education study on the three degrees – bachelor of engineering and doctoral studies. Based on the results of the complex accreditation of University of Economics in Bratislava, the Faculty has the capacity to provide the final state exams for bachelor and master study, doctoral study and carry out the habilitation procedures for the appointment of professors.
The Faculty is organizationally divided into 5 departments-the Department of business, Department of management, the Department of corporate finance, Department of management, production and logistics, Department of information management.
All the departments of the faculty are located at the University of Economics in Bratislava, Dolnozemská cesta 1/b, 852 35 Bratislava 5.